Trying out my new Octabox

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture of my Son and my wife.
2017-07-31-22-28-31-01.jpeg

Any advice or tips are welcome. I'm new to photography and want to learn.
Thanks

20170731190326_IMG_1395-01.jpeg
about the only one with my youngest. They have got to where they don't like pictures! I don't know what to do. Maybe as they get older they will sit still??? Lol.. I don't know.

When they're sixteen they'll like lots of pictures. I like the second because of the secret message being passed along.

20170731185947_IMG_1370-01.jpeg
2017-08-01-18-32-37-01.jpeg
20170731190409_IMG_1404_1-01.jpeg
here are a few more.. practicing my editing. I got a ways to go still.

I got a ways to go still.

Pretty much applies to everyone here when you get right down to it.

I'd say you are well on the road!!! Nice solid set. Only advise I would have is to maintain the light in the eyes, some of them appear a little dark.

I'd say you are well on the road!!! Nice solid set. Only advise I would have is to maintain the light in the eyes, some of them appear a little dark.
Thanks for the compliment and the advice. I was reading or watching a video and they said the catch lights should be at the 10 or 2 o'clock position and I have that in mind but when I get out there to shoot it all goes out the window!! Lol... Kids running and moving, I'm doing the "I will buy you candy if you sit here for a second"
My wife has be patient with me and let's me practice with her when I ask. But I would like to photograph more people than her but I'm not sure how to go about it. Some say get on Instagram and try to find someone wanting to do a trade for pics. I'm kinda worried about asking someone.. seems kinda creepy lol.

Thanks for the compliment and the advice. I was reading or watching a video and they said the catch lights should be at the 10 or 2 o'clock position and I have that in mind but when I get out there to shoot it all goes out the window!! Lol... Kids running and moving, I'm doing the "I will buy you candy if you sit here for a second"
My wife has be patient with me and let's me practice with her when I ask. But I would like to photograph more people than her but I'm not sure how to go about it. Some say get on Instagram and try to find someone wanting to do a trade for pics. I'm kinda worried about asking someone.. seems kinda creepy lol.

Catchlights are the sprinkles on the eyes, and if need be can even be added post. The light I was referring to is in the eye socket. Try setting up a large white reflector to bounce light into those areas next time.

My 2 yr old granddaughter is my main practice model and can be a challenge. Not sure if all of them are this way but with her the old adage "can't walk and chew gum at the same time applies". On the day we plan to take pictures, we stock up on a few little cheap toys or props. When she gets restless we hand her something. For the pictures on the 4th it was a small flag. Gives you a window of opportunity, while they inspect the item.

Finding models can be difficult at first but as I've progressed I'm finding the list of volunteers increasing without asking.

The first one in the second set is the boss, if only you'd pushed the hair from his eyes.

I used my family as models when starting photography, by the time they were 5/6 they were actually running away when they saw the cameras though I've got two holdalls of prints in the attic they never tire of going through now they're in their 20/30's

Most reactions

New Topics

Back