What's new

Trying out new editing style...One Shot CC

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
2,522
Reaction score
464
Location
New Orleans, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Mardi Gras 2013 by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Might not be to everyone's taste, but I think I really like the way it came out and others I've done this too also. I've never really nailed down a "style" of edit, so I'm trying to see what I like and don't like.

Thanks for looking
 
sorry, can't discern a 'style' here.
this picture isn't a particularly good one to use because there are so many confusing elements that the viewer can't focus on anything as subtle as a 'style'
 
Last edited:
hmm, I guess it's confusing b/c people don't understand Mardi Gras haha
 
hmm, I guess it's confusing b/c people don't understand Mardi Gras haha

Sean, I really can't tell what I'm looking at. It's not because it's mardi gras, it's because it's visually busy.

I would be interested to see the difference in editing between an old edit of a portrait, and this new technique.
 
I am not feeling it. Sorry.
 
hmm, I guess it's confusing b/c people don't understand Mardi Gras haha

Sean, I really can't tell what I'm looking at. It's not because it's mardi gras, it's because it's visually busy.

I would be interested to see the difference in editing between an old edit of a portrait, and this new technique.

Tough crowd haha.

Here's one that I had already done when first trying it out.

$60ZsGHU.webp

I still have to play with it more, for skin tones (as they look dead), but here it is.

Picture is from a shoot I did for my friends company and one of the "goofy" in between shots during the time I spent with them. I know I cut his arm off, there is ugly vent behind not cloned out, etc. Strictly a test picture for editing.
 
Last edited:
In the ladder picture, that looks to me like a very straightforward, normalized editing result...I cannot figure out what you mean,exactly, by "style"...

In the second dual-image picture, the people on the right seem to exhibit just ever-0so-slightly higher contrast...and maybe a tiny bit deeper blacks...the right-hand image appears very,very close to the original,in terms of most colors and densities and overall look.
 
In the ladder picture, that looks to me like a very straightforward, normalized editing result...I cannot figure out what you mean,exactly, by "style"...

In the second dual-image picture, the people on the right seem to exhibit just ever-0so-slightly higher contrast...and maybe a tiny bit deeper blacks...the right-hand image appears very,very close to the original,in terms of most colors and densities and overall look.


Thanks Derrel (welcome back).

I guess I edited without as much contrast as before, so that's where I see the editing difference. Might not be a "style" for some, but the over-contrasty type of images are considered a "style" imo. I guess the amount of work I put into it to get a "normalized" editing result made me feel like I accomplished more haha. All edited through photoshop with seperate smart layers, blending, burning/dodging layers, etc. compared to quick 5 minute edit in lightroom.

Oh well, I enjoy the look it, even if it isn't a "style" or not haha.

Thanks to everyone for the input.
 
I can see the diffrence and tend to like the after,its not much but you seem to pull out the details a bit better with the after, like her sweater. if like you said you go back and work on the skintones, the skintones on the before look better then the after.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom