What's new

trying out the reverse filter

afoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
253
Reaction score
148
Location
Vancouver BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
two shots from last night, i can't decide which i prefer, thoughts?
c&c appreciated :)

i got a chance to try out my new reverse grad filter, which was awesome because, as we all know, at sunset the brightest part of the sky is on the horizon.


kits_july_17 by abbye dahl, on Flickr


kits_july_16 by abbye dahl, on Flickr
 
I really like both, but picture #1 is a really solid composition. The rocks form a direct path to the horizon and add more interest in the lower half of the image. Yet, I prefer the sky of picture #2 over the one in Pic #1. Go figure.
 
i also enjoyed the rocks in image one, but couldn't decide if it made the image to busy.
anyone else have thoughts?
 
Number 1 is definitely my favorite. I would blow that up and hang it in your living room. Next time, for comparison, could you take the same shot without the filter? I would love to see the difference in a specific photo. Great work!!!
 
I like both.. very much! I prefer #2 for the non-busy aspect! It is just simple and lovely!
 
Next time, for comparison, could you take the same shot without the filter? I would love to see the difference in a specific photo. Great work!!!


sure thing! i'd be happy to
 
there seems to be more contrast between the sky and land than the sky and water making pic #1 my favorite. both are great pics though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom