Trying Something New

LynziMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!
I just got an iMac and the program Aperture 2 as well as a camera upgrade... from Nikon D50 to D80! :mrgreen:

anyways, I'm still getting used to the Mac and this program, so I wanted to really play with a couple pictures I took of my niece, Jera. I went a bit overboard on the first, but I actually like it in a way.

And as usual, polite C&C is appreciated.

DSC_0013-4.jpg

it seems under exposed on this screen

This one I really desaturated it to give it a little bit of a different look
DSC_0039_2_2-2.jpg

if the colors are off you'll have to forgive me, my new comp. doesn't yet have the internet so I have to transfer them over to our older HP, the colors are quite different between the two!

i would suggest not using aperture... Lightroom is much better... download the trial and give it a whirl.. you'll like it more.

As for the pictures... number 1 is way over processed.. but i guess if you like it, its your picture. Picture number 2 i like. the only thing I'd do different is make that yellow on the sunflower pop out big time.. sunflowers are beautiful and they have amazing colors... i like the saturation on the background, but i'd pop out that yellow for sure

i would suggest not using aperture... Lightroom is much better... download the trial and give it a whirl.. you'll like it more
hmm... why is that?

I will as soon as I can... :)
my plan is to get my hands on my favorite PS CS3... but it's quite pricey haha

lightrooms workflow is better (IMO) I tried them both and gave them both a good run for their demo.. i also found lightroom more user friendly... where as with aperture i had to search for stuff.. i dont like having to take time to find things, I like just being able to do it.. as for PSCS3 it is obviously the standard, and a great app.. if you cant afford it, elements is a cheaper version (you dont get all the goodies as CS3, but its better then most)

lightrooms workflow is better (IMO) I tried them both and gave them both a good run for their demo.. i also found lightroom more user friendly... where as with aperture i had to search for stuff.. i dont like having to take time to find things, I like just being able to do it.. as for PSCS3 it is obviously the standard, and a great app.. if you cant afford it, elements is a cheaper version (you dont get all the goodies as CS3, but its better then most)
I see...
I have elements, but it doesn't want to work... I'm still working and playing around with the computer, I'll figure it out eventually! haha

anyways, how are these?
Jera.jpg

Jera2.jpg

edit: haha... uhhhm.... yeah that flower is done really sloppy... oops

The flower seems out of focus and if it's going to pop, it should be the main part of the photo. I love the saturation like someone else said, but the flower is just a bit OOF for me..

Most reactions

Back