What's new

Trying something new...

yerlem

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
328
Reaction score
95
Location
Argentina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I recently got Lightroom and I decided to procrastinate today by playing around on it....I had a lot of fun, both taking the photos and editing them...but I really need C&C, I don't really know what I'm doing :P

#1

$DSC_0039.webp

#2
$DSC_0132.webp

#3
$DSC_0134.webp

#4
$DSC_0145.webp
 
So what is exactly that you did with Lightroom? From my perspective, these are nice snapshots of coloured smoke. #2 is interesting with the little extra bit of smoke just by itself, but the rest - do nothing for me.
________________
WesternGuy
 
I just changed the temperature to make coloured smoke...I know it's a cliche, but I liked the set as a whole, they portrait different moods in my perspective...guess I failed, but thanks for commenting, I'll keep trying!!
 
What was your light source on these?

They look out of focus, but I can't tell if it's actually out of focus, or just motion blur.
 
What was your light source on these?

They look out of focus, but I can't tell if it's actually out of focus, or just motion blur.

I know, they didn't look like that in LR, I only noticed after I exported it. It could very well be out of focus, I had a tripod, but my setup was very ghetto, I just used a lamp : D
 
I did the very same thing when I was playing with ps.

Here's an idea for you. combine them. Keep the colors striking and add them in as layers and place them in a manner which is interesting. if lightroom does layers and the sort...I dunno, never used it.
 
Here is a quick cheesy version, but you get the idea...

$DSC_0039-1.webp









$DSC_0039-2.webp
 
ah, I just realized, I should have put yellow and red on right and blue and green on left, signifying good vs. evil. blah...
 
Thanks ernicus! That looks really good, I still have a lot to learn, and not enough time, but I'll definitely give it a try! I'm happy with what I did, aside from all my mistakes, I had fun, I learned and I like the set as a whole...thanks everyone for the input!

I love learning yeaaaay :)
 
I did a few more trying my hardest to focus, and I also did some noise reduction..I think it looks better, no?

$DSC_0208.webp
 
Those images are pleasing....lovely colors... i also liked the overlays by Ernicus

:D
 
Thanks frequency, you are very kind! I liked ernicus edits too :)
 
The new one looks a lot sharper to me. :thumbup:
 
The latest one is good but I think you might have smoothed it over a bit too much. just my opinion though. It is better quality though. Why are you having to do noise reduction? What are you shooting at (settings)?

smoke is hard to get "right" but it sure is fun trying.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom