What's new

Trying something new...

The latest one is good but I think you might have smoothed it over a bit too much. just my opinion though. It is better quality though. Why are you having to do noise reduction? What are you shooting at (settings)?

smoke is hard to get "right" but it sure is fun trying.

I like the smooth feel to it though..I'm not trying to make it look like smoke, I guess, I like the colours and I find them relaxing for the most part. I'm shooting in a dark room with a lamp...a normal, ****ty lamp. My ISO wasn't that high (400, I think) but I underexposed the pictures so I could get the backround to be black (I had a piece of black carboard, but it's not real black...). I know technically they are not great, but I enjoy them as an artistic expression....at least until I can get a flash, haha
 
oh, wait, question, I assumed the grains were from that: underexposing and then exposing in LR...could that be it?
 
yeah, most likely, sometimes in post when we do lots of things to it we can actually add noise. It's not a big deal and ultimately it's your photo so do it how you like it. It's fun to play with regardless.
 
thanks for the support :)
 
I'm really digging #2 & #3...I like the soft, smoke and noise. Something about that really draws me in. Have fun in LightRoom.
 
I'm really digging #2 & #3...I like the soft, smoke and noise. Something about that really draws me in. Have fun in LightRoom.

Thanks, man! I knew someone would appreciate my noise pictures :P.
 
Well, I don't know what it is with noise but when it works, it works really well in my snobbish opinion.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom