Trying to find my creativity again (C&C)

CallibCarver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ioiap.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying to get back into shooting, on a creative end i.e. outside of client work, and I'm defiantly at that creative road block. However I've been finding some relief in shooting the more simple things in life. A lot of them have been around the house, and have been inspiring me to shoot more in general. Let alone giving me some ideas for actual creative projects. I would like any Critiques and comments, they're always helpful and wanted.

0530_0016_lr-jpg.103522

0530_0102_lr-jpg.103523

0530_0107_lr-jpg.103524

For the close-up on her face photo I know there are some hairs you can see or blemishes on the skin. As a personal style I don't like to do a lot of, if any real touch-up that alters a person. I'm not saying I haven't or won't but it's not my thing.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

Attachments

• 0530_0016_LR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 262
  • 0530_0102_LR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 243
  • 0530_0107_LR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
YOUR IMAGES ARE LOCKED.PNG
Callib, your images are locked...

Whoops sorry about that, they should be viewable now. Thanks for letting me know about that. It's been awhile since I've posted and I've honestly forgotten how to get Dropbox to place nicely with this site.

Whoops sorry about that, they should be viewable now. Thanks for letting me know about that. It's been awhile since I've posted and I've honestly forgotten how to get Dropbox to place nicely with this site.
Perhaps the reason you had trouble is because the files are large. Resize them first then they display readily.

Yes, the images are displaying now, 12:30 AM west coast time. As far as retouching the snot out of photos of people: I agree with resisting the urge to smooth skin, eliminate peach fuzz, and obliterate every out of place hair and every wrinkle. There's way too much heavy-duty skin smoothing and heavy-duty retouching being done already: leave that for the cosmetics advertisements and the fashion photos. There is value in realism, and in showing things realistically; it's okay to clone out a pimple or a shaving cut, but once you become obsessive about eliminating ALL traces of skin details and body/facial/arm hair, then you've left the field of photography and have crossed into the neighboring farm, which is called digital illustration.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back