Trying to pick my next camera...

jeffm4688

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at trying to figure out which camera I should upgrade too, I've had a T2i for a few years and it's more than time to upgrade.

I'm looking to purchase a camera on friday, and I was pretty dead set on buying the 6d + 24-105 combo however I would love any more opinions as I'm not sure if I'm making the right decision.

I shoot a lot of landscape / outdoors / cars etc as well as moving objects (people, animals) and am wondering if the focusing of the 6d is not going to be quick enough.

So, basically.

If I had a $2000-3000 budget to pick up a body and a nice piece of glass what should I look at ?

I've contemplated these combo's, 5d mk ii + 24-105 , 6d + 24-105, 5d iii + 24-105 (slightly over budget)... or I saw a D600 recently for around 1000 + lenses. I have owned nikon before (D300) and did prefer the canon but I might like the D600, will have to try it.

Jeff, I have a professional photographer friend that shoots high school football with a 6D, so I don't think you are going to have issues with focusing with it. That is a good combination and the IQ will be WAY better than the T2i that you currently have.

Good luck and enjoy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back