Trying to post pictures to forum

rmagers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello...
I am new to this forum and DSLR photography in general. I would like to post some shots for feedback but am having dificulty getting them posted. I am clicking the "Image" icon which lets me select the photos. I only selected 2 and they under the maximum size. When I go to to previewthey are not there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
rmagers

You need two more posts, then you can post photos.

Hello...
I am new to this forum and DSLR photography in general. I would like to post some shots for feedback but am having dificulty getting them posted. I am clicking the "Image" icon which lets me select the photos. I only selected 2 and they under the maximum size. When I go to to previewthey are not there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
rmagers

Once you get to your 5th post, you can click the image box, click "from url" and then add a link to your photo. Make sure to uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Great. Thanks for the info.

My pleasure. You need one more post. So let me ask you.. What type of camera do you use?

I am using a Pentax K-x. Got it a couple months ago and have been "playing" around with it figuring out how it works. I am sure there is still alot I don't know but i have the basic operation down now.

OK Now I can post someof those shots.

Where do I get the URL? I have been trying to use "from computer" in my previous attempts

You need to upload your photos somewhere.. Any photo hosting site or even facebook, then right click on the image on that site and "Properties" and look for "URL (Address)", thats what you need.

Thanks I'll give it try.

I just joined and figured it all out today... it wasn't straight forward. I used photobucket, then on each photo you upload there is a image code you can copy and paste into the url section of this site. I had to uncheck the box about saving them locally to get it to work. There is a test forum you can use to try out your posts at the bottom or post them in here.

They really need to add this question to the FAQ section!

Thanks for all help!! I was finally able to post.

LYONSROAR: I moved here in December from Louisville Ky. BUURRRRRR!!! It is cold here in the winter. :lmao:

Thanks for all help!! I was finally able to post.

LYONSROAR: I moved here in December from Louisville Ky. BUURRRRRR!!! It is cold here in the winter. :lmao:

I've lived here for 20 years now. AKA my whole life. You'll get used to it or die. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back