Tug and Pull

DRodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was very moved by these statues (no pun intended) I need some critique
on the composition I'm not sure I chose right.
100_6.jpg

100_5.jpg

What are they tugging on? A little context would help alot.

I dont think he is tugging on anything the rope is most likely not connected to anything. On number two you probably should crop closer on the right side of the image. Get rid of the building otherwise the composition is fine. In my opinion

Theyre not really tugging on anything the rope joins together at the top..

Ok call me crazy here, but I would go back with a step ladder, or different time of day, and play on the shadows... another dimension all together in these photos... this also avoids background unwanteds... With all that cement work around , the shadows would play right into the lines and shape of the cement...

On art as these statues, any background clutter, ( Bldgs/ people etc) will just kill it...

Ok call me crazy here, but I would go back with a step ladder, or different time of day, and play on the shadows... another dimension all together in these photos... this also avoids background unwanteds... With all that cement work around , the shadows would play right into the lines and shape of the cement...

On art as these statues, any background clutter, ( Bldgs/ people etc) will just kill it...

Great point!

^^^^^ALL good advice.

Pete

Hmmm I agree with the stepladder idea since my back was against a docks edge for both images ..
I just might try it ..

I find the lamp post and sign too distracting. I agree with going back with a stepladder. How about experiment with a wide angle lens to exagerate the lines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back