Excellent shots! I would have liked to see a bit of the water the boats are in, in #1, but I can't have everything I want huh? I really like #2 with all the lights.
Well, while I do like the lighttrails, too, I even more like the atmosphere that is captured in the photo of the tugboats (and thank you for teaching me a new word through this photo!).
I like the two lights on the side of the near boat - nice counterpart to the lights of the city in the background.
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I wasn't sure what kind of response I'd get on these ones.
light trails were shot at: 30 sec, f22, 100 ISO
As for the lack of foreground for the tug boats... unfortunatetly they dock in an area that's difficult to get from a better angle - especially since I was out by myself in the dark of night. I just couldn't pass up the lighting though.
LaPhoto, I'm happy that i was able to educate - I hope that I have provided correct information