What's new

Tulips

cpeay

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
721
Reaction score
589
Location
Orem, UT
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_1627.jpg
 
I find the red in the background very distracting as I draws all the attention away from the tulips.

Red is one color you have to be careful with when it's not part of your primary subject.
 
Yeah the red is very intrusive, as is the second tulip with the bright highlights.
I'd say try and find a tulip with nice light, but a dark background (looks like if you had rotated to the right you would have had this), to isolate the tulip. I try and find a background that is darker then my flower subject, as to not steal the spotlight.
 
Same feelings as above.... But i really like that deep purple tulip :D
 
Same as above. I think there should have only been one tulip or have both tulips in focus.
 
Agree with the redness -- I love the simplicity of the composition though. Very soothing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom