Tulsa Tough Races C&C

what would be recommended? F4?

I think you have it set wrong, you need to go into custom setting, did you set AI servo to moderatly slow thats what i would use for this situation,it does not alter focus speed but once you have focus with lots of other moving things near by it will not lose focus as easy as setting it to fast also only ever use center focus only, give me half an hour and i will give you all my custom settings for the 1Dmk1 for shooting sport

I would have shot in shutter priority instead of aperture priority and set to 1/1000s or higher. Then I would have kept an eye on the the aperture being selected and adjusted my ISO to keep the aperture from getting too large (too small DOF).

The problem with setting to F8 or F10 in aperture priority at ISO 200 is the the shutter speed might end up being too low to freeze the action, depending on the scene.

This is bad info, I would use shutter priority but with a speed of about 1/500 head on shots , corner shots 1/160 for movement in the spokes, don't use small apertures unless you want more riders in focus, F2.8-F4 will isolate a single rider nicely

Here you go custom funtions for 1Dmk1, with these settings i don't get many out of focus shots but lenses will make a difference
CF 1 = 1
2 = 1
3 = 1
4 = 3 Back button focus
5 = 0
6 = 0
7 = 0
8 = 0
9 = 0
10 = 0
11 = 0
12 = 0
13 = 1
14 = 0
15 = 0
16 = 0
17 = 1
18 = 1
19 = 0
20 AI servo speed for cycling = 2 also Football/rugby were there are a lot of player that could cross infront of focus, single participant sports i would use fast or moderatly fast
21= 1

Thanks gsgary, but I have no idea what I am looking at.:scratch:

Thanks gsgary, but I have no idea what I am looking at.:scratch:
I shoot Nikon but would bet those are menu pages and suggested settings.

CF = Custom Functions

CF1 = Custom Function menu #1

Perhaps a re-read of the users manual would be helpful?

Thanks, I found it, wish I would have seen it before I went to the races again, here are a couple from the party spot!
7B8B8300.jpg

7B8B8324.jpg

7B8B8316.jpg

had to be there for that one

LOL @ My other bike is your mom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back