Turner's Creek, Md

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
TurnersCreekMd_zpsd5f7bc9c.jpg

I'm not sure about this one. Maybe over sharpened? Since I'm not sure, I'll throw it in the arena for discussion.

First, Happy New Year to you.

Second, I don't like the horizon in the middle of the photo. Even if that means chopping off part of the mooring if you crop off some sky.

Third, I'm looking at this with bleary eyes and on a laptop but the only thing that seems over sharpened is the sky (which is also why a crop there would be good).

Thanks Joe and Happy New Year to you.
Thanks for the input. I wanted to put the boat in the lower 3rd. I saw the centered horizon instantly but also wanted to keep a lot of the tall whip antenna. Also, cropping it tighter caused the pole to slice through the photo. The tree line sharpening is what I was questioning. It just didn't look natural
Maybe you're right. Move the boat to the upper 3rd which would make the whip and pole short enough to not be distracting. thanks again

TurnersCreekMdb_zpsc8e9a0af.jpg

Maybe more like this? This would require a retake to be a keeper. Too small of frame section be be sharp.Color isn't really not my thing anyway. Just an exercise for a slow New Years day.

Happy new year. I don't mind the original crop that much but I might have been tempted to go the other way with it -- put the boat closer to the bottom.

It doesn't seem oversharpened to me and I don't mind horizon lines in the middle. I like the way the line of the boat leads to that opening on the opposite shore. What bugs me a little is that it is a bit heavy on the left side - perhaps move to the left and include more dock, or make it a vertical to get more of the reflection? I'm not sure what would work and of course it depends on what else was there outside the frame.

Thanks Ken and Charlie,
Ya know, I went back to the original. This is SOOC except for a very slight straightening and a touch of contrast. Am I over thinking this whole processing thing? I'm begining to think EVERYTHING needs to be worked. When I shot this, Like many of my shots, I liked the comp, but when I get in front of the pc I start tweaking and cropping.
TurnersCreekMdc_zps3bf24afb.jpg

Knowing when to quit is a big part of it - I am still learning, though I frequently don't go far enough.

I was also thinking some negative space would have worked well with this photo. I had to create sky to show you what I mean so please forgive the crudeness of the work. boat reworked.jpg

Thanks Ken and Charlie,
Ya know, I went back to the original. This is SOOC except for a very slight straightening and a touch of contrast. Am I over thinking this whole processing thing? I'm begining to think EVERYTHING needs to be worked. When I shot this, Like many of my shots, I liked the comp, but when I get in front of the pc I start tweaking and cropping.
TurnersCreekMdc_zps3bf24afb.jpg
I like this one the best.

How about like this.

Joe

boat.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back