Turning Digital Photos Into Prints

khaig12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a 300d Canon Rebel. My problem is when i shoot digital i and want to print the image say to an 8x10 size i have to either crop the image or size the image to fit on an 8x10 sheet making the image a custom size and leaving white borders around the image. So I cannot use a standard 8x10 mat. Most of the time i don't want to crop the image. I composed the image well with my camera. Any suggestions? I have have to get custom mats all the time. 4x6's are fine because the aspect ratio matches up any other size requires cropping or scaling down to a size that will fit on the sheet. Does anybody know any place to get a large supply of custom mats or mats for digital printing? This is espcially troublesome when shooting portraits for clients and they want to purchase 8x10's, 5x7s, etc. I can't provide true 8x10's or 5x7's unless i plan ahead and zoom out enough to crop to 8x10.

Why dont you just buy a straight edge and a matt cutter and do it yourself. It's a lot cheeper in the long run and you can cut them to what ever size you want!

Most reactions

Back