Tutorials/Articles.

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that not everyone has the time for this or, maybe even the knowledge, but I was wondering if we could somehow get articles for things like;

The Zone System
Exposure (dedicated article)

I know, I know, there are books, but there are also books for developing B+W, but the article Torus34 wrote was much more clear than a lot of what I've read. Also, I'm sure someone could explain the Zone System more clearly than Ansel does in "The Negitive". Great series, but a little hard for me to understand due to his writing style...

Just some thoughts...

I know that not everyone has the time for this or, maybe even the knowledge, but I was wondering if we could somehow get articles for things like;

The Zone System
Exposure (dedicated article)

I know, I know, there are books, but there are also books for developing B+W, but the article Torus34 wrote was much more clear than a lot of what I've read. Also, I'm sure someone could explain the Zone System more clearly than Ansel does in "The Negitive". Great series, but a little hard for me to understand due to his writing style...

Just some thoughts...
Check this article for basic exposure/DOF how-to's. In fact, if you look back through the various parts of Torus34's complete article (there were 7 parts in all, I believe - !!) you will find a wealth of general photographic information that can be applied regardless of shooting film or digital. Obviously some parts are more film-specific than others.

An excellent series.

Maybe this helps with the Zone System (of course, not written by me)

I didn't see this. Thanks!

Yeah, I read Torus' tutorial and I'll say it again, I LOVE it, but it is more of a quick negitive to print, which is great, but if we had one for exposure it might answer a lot of the newbie questions...but thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back