Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3196826375_764b203ba7_o.jpg

3197412446_9af176b0a6_o.jpg

3197220586_6d605d326c_o.jpg

3196424477_098c70e871_o.jpg

3196849901_2a991e3d90_o.jpg

Love 4 and 5. The shots (and the boys) are so full of personality. They made me smile.

I really like 4. That's a strong image. The rest, I'm not so crazy about. I think the one subject (sweater) is too interested in showing off for the camera. This is fun, but can get repeatative.

The second subject never connects with the camera. You get the sense he is unhappy to be there. No eye contact (except in 4, but the feet are the subjects) and I fail to connect with the fun they are having.

One the other hand, the lighting is spot on! I am guessing but it looks as though you used a soft box high and to camera left. Possibly a relfector to camera right? Either case, its perfect.

I love the contrast, not over done and well balanced using a white background.

-Nick

Thanks everyone. Yes the pair are a handfull!

Luke - the eldest does play up to the camera and awful lot! He loves it! BUt when his brother JJ gets involved, thats where the silly faces get involved. JJ on the other hand hates it! Nearly every time ii bring him in for some photos, the tears and tantrums start! So when he cam to join in, i wasnt going to miss the chance to get the pair on them! LOL - Nick you were not far off! ;)

The lighting was on the camera left shot through an umbrella. There was no reflecter used but the light does bounce of the wall to camera right as my office is narrow enough to do that.

Kanikula,

Please understand I mean no disrespect. I love number 4 and I completely understand the challange of shooting kids. I have had better luck with wild and dealy creatures all over the world.

Recently I was in the jungles of Central America and found it easier than shooting kids. This is no easy task by any means. Many times I have to let them play with the camera before we get good shooting in. Sometimes, I let them shoot for awhile. Back-up cameras are good for more than just back-up.

And yes, the lighting is spot on.

-Nick

Nick, i dint take your CC as disrespect :) I like the idea of letting them get the playing up out of the system first! Although it could take some time! LOL

Thanks Re lighting - its always been the one area i need to work extra hard in!

Most reactions

Back