Twice Fallen Heroes

Zeitgeist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am working on a series and hope you folks will comments. It is photographs of neglected graves, especially those of military personnel who gave their all hence the name. the pictures are deliberately dark so it may cause some problems with your monitors, but I hope the feeling comes across.

193Twice-Fallen-Heroes521.jpg

Wow!

30 viewings and not a single comment?

If you don't like it its all right to leave a negative camment as well, I would just like some feedback.

I like the idea of the series. The shot is okay. What I don't really like is the side view. It's just that I'm not seeing the actual stones, and by that, I don't get any emotion out of the shot. The connection just isn't there. If I where looking at the series, this shot may work fine in that, but as a stand alone shot, it's not telling me enough. Let me know if this doesn't make any sense. :blushing:

It may just be my monitor, but I'm seeing some "ghosting" and halos in the bushes behind the stones.

I think this would be a cool shot with a lot tighter crop, maybe focus on just one or two stones.

Its a cool idea, and a story worth telling.

Kevin, thank you for your input. I understand what you are saying and maybe there was more of a connection for me, standing there looking at them. Let me work on some other shots in the series and I will post them in the theme forum and I'll ask you to take a look at the group again, all right?

Mountainlander, out of curiosity, are you viewing these on a flat panel? I did this at home and did not see the ghosting, but here, in the office, I, too, detect a bit on the flat panel I have here. Odd . . .

Thanks for your comments

I agree on the tighter crop, i was thinking crop out the stones on the right so the fallen ones are on the far right of the fame, and a little bit of the bottom to keep aspect raio (and bring it tighter). Just something about having the stones right in the middle of the frame feels off to me. (But i'm also hesitant to say that b/c i'm not positivie its going ot look right either.

Other than that the technicals seem to be fine to me.

As far as the meaning, i think it will have good impact in the midst of a series. I felt it, the title played an important role though.

Most reactions

Back