What's new

Twig

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1350926048-4.jpg
 
Nice, but I think it would have been better without the twig ;) - and the grass along the bottom.
At least I don't think either adds to the image much.

Looks like some great textures on the hood. Makes me want to see more.
 
Nice, but I think it would have been better without the twig ;) - and the grass along the bottom.
At least I don't think either adds to the image much.

Looks like some great textures on the hood. Makes me want to see more.
I tend to photograph scenes exactly as I find them so removing the twig never even crossed my mind :) I did find the image not well balanced and have now replaced it for a cropped version with less grass at the bottom. You might need to refresh the page to see it. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
 
That edits a bit better I think.
I don't like to change things either. Though sometimes I just decide to feel bad afterwards. ;)
 
I don't like to change things either. Though sometimes I just decide to feel bad afterwards. ;)
This is an old photo that I re-edited a couple days ago. Even though I'm more "flexible" to arranging scenes now, when I do move stuff around I still feel like I'm lying :)
 
How about a steep crop??? Make it un-balanced. What an ODD, odd grille design!!! I think it might look kind of nifty with the majority of the right hand side clipped off--JUST inside the top of the twig, but leaving in the grass right at the lower-right-most corner.
 
How about a steep crop??? Make it un-balanced. What an ODD, odd grille design!!! I think it might look kind of nifty with the majority of the right hand side clipped off--JUST inside the top of the twig, but leaving in the grass right at the lower-right-most corner.
Would you mind cropping it and posting it here?
 
Okay...here's a crop....I think it would be worthwhile to clone out the stick, just to be able to get more of the grass in to the bottom,right hand corner...$p1350926048-CROP.webp
 
Okay...here's a crop....I think it would be worthwhile to clone out the stick, just to be able to get more of the grass in to the bottom,right hand corner...View attachment 31779
I had tried some drastic crops but none worked – this one definitely does and is much better than the original in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time to play with the image.
 
Thanks. I find that chromed grille work to be utterly fascinating in its shape!!! What kind of vehicle is that from??? It just looks so weird, and so...fascinating at the same time!!! Is that an old pickup's front end? My idea was that making it radically un-balanced would emphasize the lines that run up-and-down; the line in the center of the hood, the bumper line, and also that small trim tab on the outer fender, at the top left corner...by making the right hand side of the grille mostly absent through cropping, it created a photo in which the eyes are free to notice the interaction between the many horizontal lines of the grille-work, and the scant, but strong, trio of vertical lines.
 
IMHO my comment is based on the assumption you are submitting as a work of fine art. With this assmption I am not sure what the subject is except through the title -- Twig. PP of the car is interesting and a good start. the crop made it less busy but there is nothing to keep my attention. My eyes are not drawn to anything and therefore i don't travel through the photo. it took me a few seconds to realize it was a reflection in the hood and not tarnish.
 
Oh - So you let Derrel get rid of the twig but give me a guilt trip! Fine. Be that way ....

:D
 
it took me a few seconds to realize it was a reflection in the hood and not tarnish.
Looks like tarnish to me........

Nice go there, invisible. Personally I like the one in the first post (I guess that's edited from the original) better.
 
What kind of vehicle is that from??? It just looks so weird, and so...fascinating at the same time!!! Is that an old pickup's front end?
It's probably a 1941 Hudson Coupe. Here's a photo that includes the whole scene. As you can tell, it was pretty busy which is why I decided to focus on details.

p1371231744-4.jpg


IMHO my comment is based on the assumption you are submitting as a work of fine art. With this assmption I am not sure what the subject is except through the title -- Twig. PP of the car is interesting and a good start. the crop made it less busy but there is nothing to keep my attention. My eyes are not drawn to anything and therefore i don't travel through the photo. it took me a few seconds to realize it was a reflection in the hood and not tarnish.
Thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Oh - So you let Derrel get rid of the twig but give me a guilt trip! Fine. Be that way ....

:D
LOL! Go nuts!

Thank you all for your comments!
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom