Twin Lens Reflex Cameras

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was hoping between you knowledgeable bunch you could comprise a list of twin lens reflex medium format cameras for me so I can look them up and possibly buy one. Some I will have heard of and some I know of but it will help refresh my meory. Any help would be great.

List So far -

Yashicamat 124G

Less expensive than a Rolleiflex are the Rolleicords. They can come with the Schneider lenses and give you beautiful negatives for less than half the price of a 'flex. :)

Or a well-used Rolleiflex that just needs some TLC might do the trick - tons of them out there!

Rollei.... :drool:

A Yashica TLR with a Yashikor lens will cost around $100. Possibly less if you're patient and stalk eBay. A TLR Yashica with the Yashinon lens will cost you substantially more as the Yashinon lens is much more desireable. For the best idea of going rates, check eBay for completed items. It'll show you exactly what they've been selling for in the last few days or weeks. That said, there's always a deal out there somewhere. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Mitica, I think this is your cue to come in and give some sage advice on old TLRs. :hail:

I might be interested PG(in what ypu're selling if it's still for sale). But I'm not hasty to buy from america as it could add on another £40 on import tax.

Daniel said:
I might be interested PG(in what ypu're selling if it's still for sale). But I'm not hasty to buy from america as it could add on another £40 on import tax.

I think the work around is in shipping it as a "gift". :mrgreen:

That works? If it goes to the sorting office (which it would as noone is in to recieve and I'd have to sign anyway) they might charge me then. I'd like to deal with you over some peson I've never sen before over eBay but not at the cost of an extra load of money.

Daniel said:
That works? If it goes to the sorting office (which it would as noone is in to recieve and I'd have to sign anyway) they might charge me then. I'd like to deal with you over some peson I've never sen before over eBay but not at the cost of an extra load of money.

Check with the sorting office. Tell them a family member :wink: is sending you an old camera that belonged to your uncle Jimmy. Family heirloom and all that. :wink: See what they say and if you're ok with it, make me an offer on it. :D

~don't want to seem like a prude (if thats the right word) but isn't that *cough*mail fraud*cough*?

Daniel said:
~don't want to seem like a prude (if thats the right word) but isn't that *cough*mail fraud*cough*?

Actually, I think it's tax fraud since it's a customs fee (or tax) that they are charging you. :mrgreen: They aren't worried about a little old camera, they are worried about much bigger fish. ;)

photogoddess said:
I think the work around is in shipping it as a "gift". :mrgreen:

that works..

i was just about to make a thread about these... but htis came up in the search

Most reactions

Back