What's new

Twist Off

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_3066.jpg


Or an adventure for fun.
 
I see it's a bottle cap, but I don't understand. I don't know why it's upside down, why it's distorted beyond recognition, why there's a finger over the lens and why it's as noisy as hell. I also don't understand why it's being exhibited as if it's a serious photo.

I'm sorry OP, but that's my C&C (not that you asked for it, I realise). Perhaps you could change my mind by explaining your deliberate actions in the setting up and capturing of this shot. Why you chose the aperture you did, why you turned it upside down and why you felt it needed to be recorded in a photo at all.

I'm rarely so harsh in my critique of other people's photos. I'm one of the ones who actually take people's feelings into account and choose my words tactfully when criticising other people's well-intended attempts to practice photography, but I cannot see any serious thought that has gone into this photo, yet it is presented here as if it has some meaning that we are not privvy to.
 
Forkie said:
I see it's a bottle cap, but I don't understand. I don't know why it's upside down, why it's distorted beyond recognition, why there's a finger over the lens and why it's as noisy as hell. I also don't understand why it's being exhibited as if it's a serious photo.

I'm sorry OP, but that's my C&C (not that you asked for it, I realise). Perhaps you could change my mind by explaining your deliberate actions in the setting up and capturing of this shot. Why you chose the aperture you did, why you turned it upside down and why you felt it needed to be recorded in a photo at all.

I'm rarely so harsh in my critique of other people's photos. I'm one of the ones who actually take people's feelings into account and choose my words tactfully when criticising other people's well-intended attempts to practice photography, but I cannot see any serious thought that has gone into this photo, yet it is presented here as if it has some meaning that we are not privvy to.

I'm pretty sure that he was trying to put an abstract perspective on this. This is very similar to his other pics, it is quite strong but it takes quite a while to understand. So this is really a modernistic pic!
 
I see it's a bottle cap, but I don't understand. I don't know why it's upside down, why it's distorted beyond recognition, why there's a finger over the lens and why it's as noisy as hell. I also don't understand why it's being exhibited as if it's a serious photo.

I'm sorry OP, but that's my C&C (not that you asked for it, I realise). Perhaps you could change my mind by explaining your deliberate actions in the setting up and capturing of this shot. Why you chose the aperture you did, why you turned it upside down and why you felt it needed to be recorded in a photo at all.

I'm rarely so harsh in my critique of other people's photos. I'm one of the ones who actually take people's feelings into account and choose my words tactfully when criticising other people's well-intended attempts to practice photography, but I cannot see any serious thought that has gone into this photo, yet it is presented here as if it has some meaning that we are not privvy to.

^THIS. And kudos to Forkie for saying it.

I'm pretty sure that he was trying to put an abstract perspective on this. This is very similar to his other pics, it is quite strong but it takes quite a while to understand. So this is really a modernistic pic!

Mmmmm...I'm pretty sure you are giving quite a lot of credit here that may not be due.

I think this is every bit as good as 95% of the other pictures the OP has posted.
 
What is the bottle cap on? Is it a wall or something that's being plastered (perhaps you are renovating a house at the moment) or has it landed on top of a piece of tiramisu (that you perhaps had with coffee whilst taking a break from renovating) ?

I agree with Forkie in so far as I think this is not one of your better efforts, but also think that Joshua has something in his comment. Intriguing.
 
I see it's a bottle cap, but I don't understand. I don't know why it's upside down, why it's distorted beyond recognition, why there's a finger over the lens and why it's as noisy as hell. I also don't understand why it's being exhibited as if it's a serious photo.

I'm sorry OP, but that's my C&C (not that you asked for it, I realise). Perhaps you could change my mind by explaining your deliberate actions in the setting up and capturing of this shot. Why you chose the aperture you did, why you turned it upside down and why you felt it needed to be recorded in a photo at all.

I'm rarely so harsh in my critique of other people's photos. I'm one of the ones who actually take people's feelings into account and choose my words tactfully when criticising other people's well-intended attempts to practice photography, but I cannot see any serious thought that has gone into this photo, yet it is presented here as if it has some meaning that we are not privvy to.

^THIS. And kudos to Forkie for saying it.

I'm pretty sure that he was trying to put an abstract perspective on this. This is very similar to his other pics, it is quite strong but it takes quite a while to understand. So this is really a modernistic pic!

Mmmmm...I'm pretty sure you are giving quite a lot of credit here that may not be due.

I think this is every bit as good as 95% of the other pictures the OP has posted.

Ouch! :)
 
sm4him said:
Mmmmm...I'm pretty sure you are giving quite a lot of credit here that may not be due.

I think this is every bit as good as 95% of the other pictures the OP has posted.

true, but this is my opinion. I quite like abstract and the conceptual design of modernism. But that is IMO, others like unpopular would think otherwise.:)
 
My philosophy toward photography is much like my philosophy toward wine: If someone has to explain to me why I'm supposed to like it I'd rather just have a beer.
 
My philosophy toward photography is much like my philosophy toward wine: If someone has to explain to me why I'm supposed to like it I'd rather just have a beer.

So could it be the top from a beer bottle, then? Beer with tiramisu just isn't my cup of tea, I'm afraid.
 
sm4him said:
Mmmmm...I'm pretty sure you are giving quite a lot of credit here that may not be due.

I think this is every bit as good as 95% of the other pictures the OP has posted.

true, but this is my opinion. I quite like abstract and the conceptual design of modernism. But that is IMO, others like unpopular would think otherwise.:)

I am a big fan of well-done abstract. That's all I'm gonna say about THAT. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom