Two B&W portraits, one with extra squint.

cuezombies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We saw the Foo Fighters (with bonus Lemmy!) on Wednesday night. :headbang:

I grabbed these two hasty-dasty shots just before we went down to join the crowd. Our hotel was a few blocks away and plenty high enough to watch the excitement.

The first one is way over, but I liked it in combination with the squinty, "What is this brightness-" look on his face. When he saw it, he said it reminded him of the glare of nuclear winter. I suggested it was the glare of a Foo meltdown. You can tell which of us is the fan, I trust.

I think the second is a bit better but I've still lost some detail. I wish I'd had more time to hack at it until I got it right. Is it over-processed for your tastes*? I'm thinking of straightening it along a different plane, still seems a bit crooked to me now that I'm looking at it again...

* I know how that usually goes- if you have to ask, etc. But I caught an elbow to the hollow of my right temple early on in the show and I think there may be permanent damage. So please slap gently.

a89e16b5067024fa9fcf4255921f1118-d3gos2f.jpg

6f2425de0085ca6b4c045ad6688f73d6-d3got0u.jpg

I like the idea of the first image, and I think artistically it's the stronger one, but I agree with ^^; it's just a little too blown. This is a case where a certain amount of blown highlights could easily be forgiven, but I think you exceeded that somewhat.

Thanks, you two! Is this edit closer to anyone's mark?

cc5a01bf48281a6fe0f35d19660ed07a-d3gqct5.jpg

Most reactions

Back