Website
www.tcproimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
281432839_YeCH2-X3.jpg

281432882_69ArX-X3.jpg

Dang, TC...these are magazine quality. That is some great shooting. :hail:

Awsome pics as always..well done.

Of course I agree with all the comments. I have come to expect stunning macro captures from you and love to see them. I particularly like the second one, I guess it's just because this particular bee has lovely colors on its legs. I'd like to ask how you set these two up with regard to the background. How did you shoot this? I can get the black background if I shoot at night...but bees at night? Don't think so. How did you do it?

If I've read it right, I think TC is using flash. This provides a light source that's considerably brighter for the subject than the ambient light is for the background. This has the effect of making the background look rather darker to the camera sensor than it would appear to the naked eye.

Of course I agree with all the comments. I have come to expect stunning macro captures from you and love to see them. I particularly like the second one, I guess it's just because this particular bee has lovely colors on its legs. I'd like to ask how you set these two up with regard to the background. How did you shoot this? I can get the black background if I shoot at night...but bees at night? Don't think so. How did you do it?

Thank you. It's with the use of flash and nothing in the background to reflect the flash as well as shooting into the sun. The ring flash has a very short range too. These bees landed on a lonely flower. I actually prefer some background as it gives the image more depth.

I crawl on my knees in the weeds until I can get the shot I want. It takes a little patience.

i just sit still in a part of the bush or patch of grass and wait till something comes along. No crawling for me.........well not yet :)
Anyways, great shots. Love the eyes in the second one.

Most reactions

Back