Two Birds and a Bee

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying to lay off the wildlife for a little while because I was hitting a wall of sorts, I was getting a lot of flat images and couldn't quite seem to fix it.
Yesterday and today I took some shots around the feeders and I am pretty happy with them.
Would love to hear your thoughts :)

Chickadee
These guys are always a challenge with the black eye in the black cap but I'm happy with the definition in this one, on the other hand the white on the back of his neck blew out a bit, as usual it was a balancing act. It could stand to be a smidge less sharp also perhaps?

Female Red Breasted Nuthatch
First time I saw this young lady at our feeders. She put on quite a show racing back and forth to the feeder hiding seeds in trees. She was not interested in sharing the feeder with anyone and eventually everyone just let her do her thing and waited. Even the chickadees gave her a wide berth which is surprising, they will even brave squirrels at the feeder.

Bee
I finally put everything together today and used the tripod and remote trigger. Was happy with this for the first try not doing it handheld :)

Good.. Nice clicks.. Especially the second one.
Very clear. But there's lack of lighting in the first one but still nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Female Red Breasted Nuthatch is very nice! I like the pose and the DOF feels very good. Nice simple composition, too.

#1: I like it, but... the subject seems to get a bit lost in the background. Or perhaps, as princysharma1990 says, there's a lack of lighting.
#3: Bee/fly is OOF. Maybe you needed to go faster than 1/1000? That's a tough shot.

Thanks Princysharma and Jaemie.

The chickadee had tons of late day light but it was fairly harsh still so perhaps that and the background is swallowing him up a bit. I'll try a closer crop to see if he pops more otherwise I'll leave it be.
The bee was fun but you are right Jaemie, looking at it again today the poor fella is a wee bit soft. Back to the tripod to try again today!

Most reactions

Back