Two Candid Shots

Mainiac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two shots I toook of my nephew and niece back in January.I decided to post them here to get some feedback and maybe some pointers on what I could have done to make these better.

4.jpg

2.jpg

Which of the two do your perfer? The color or the B&W?

3.jpg

Photobucket works all right, I went to my account to check on it - have you moved within Photobucket them after you posted the link to here? Or made them smaller or so? We only get red x's... :(

Yes. All there ... but two of the same (both colour) ... you did not mean to do that, you wanted us to see one b&w version! ;)

But that one is lovely. I like the backlight very much!
As well as the sparkle in the girl's eyes! Very nice. Did you selectively enhance the eyes contrasts and sharpness?

I think the black and white picture is really good. I can't tell you exactly what it is that I like about it, it just keeps my interest.

Both kids are adorable!

The second one is very nice.
The first one looks a little out of focus and iono if its my comp but it seems to have an orange tint to it.

First has a hell of a colour cast. It needs sorted. Is this better?

Edit_11.jpg

Yeah, the first one has an orange cast to it. You will need to work with the WB(white Balance) on your camera to get different/better results, it is also a bit OOF.

I like the BW pic of the little girl, I think that in this picture, the backlighting works ok :) Her eyes have nice catchlights as well! :)

Here is my quick try at removing the color cast on the 1st picture.

boy-copy.jpg

I messed with the color balance in Photoshop,and made a couple adjustments in curves as well to lighten it up a tad.

Thanks everyone.I very much like your edit Mama Destiny!:thumbup: I'll have a go at it myself now that I see it can be fixed.

Did you selectively enhance the eyes contrasts and sharpness?
Nope,no editing done to the eyes.:D

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back