Two Cats

GreenNV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pic7.piczo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Meet Maggie & Molly, they belong to my cousin. I took their picture and after I uploaded the picture and looked at it, I kinda' thought it looked like one cat staring at its reflection. I mean, the background gives it away and I hate that background there but at the time I didn't even take the background into consideration. I took this picture with my HP Photosmart R817 and if I had taken it with my Sony Alpha 100, I could have blurred out the background which I think would have made for a better picture. What do you guys think of it? I would love to hear some constructive criticism. Thanks. :wink:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/judy35/Cats.jpg

Why no comments, is the picture THAT bad? *LOL*
I would really appreciate some help in perfecting it, is there a way to take attention away from the background so the cats look more like a reflection? Any kind of improvements would be welcomed. Thanks. :D

I don't know about anyone else, but that photo does absolutely nothing for me. I don't mean to be harsh but there is absolutely nothing special about it. At least crop it and get the orange thing out of the left side. I'm not a pro and I shoot hundreds of bad photos but I don't post the bad ones and ask people what they think.

Well thank-you Michael, finally I get some kind of feedback. I hear what you're saying and I do appreciate your criticism. I am a complete amateur and unless someone points this stuff out to me I'm never gonna learn so be as harsh as you like, I can take it. :D

Get on the level with the animals, it makes for much better photos than looking down. Also something could be said for the lighting conditions.

It's a snapshot of 2 cats from the typical 'from above' angle.

It's good you posted it GreenNV, learn from the bad and not-so-good pictures. For this one, I would crop everything except the necks and the heads and make it a portrait. Or something like that.... I'd have to do it to see how it looks.

Thank-you Craig. :D

I played around with the picture in PSP. Do you think there's any improvement now?

Catspsp.jpg

GreenNV are you green with envy? :lol:

Anyways, the original of your cats, is a image I would probably not even save or convert from RAW to JPG to be honest. But that said, I really like what you did with it through Photoshop and makes it look a lot more like a image I would probably keep. So nice fix :)

Thanks for the comments, guys...I'm glad you like what I did and I agree, it does look much better than the original.

*LOL* @ cjm...yeah, when I see beautiful photography that I can't do. :(

Most reactions

Back