What's new

Two Flower Shots (general critique appreciated)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
2,392
Reaction score
0
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, here are a few shots I took earlier using a flashlight and some natural light. Equipment if anyone cares: Nikon D80, 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor lens, tripod, flashlight. General critique is appreciated. Thanks for looking!

P.S. The first was using natural light, second using flashlight.

8799aog.jpg


7y580zn.jpg
 
there's something about the first picture that i really like. i think the colors are beautiful!

im torn between liking the shadow on the lower left of the flower and hating it, but i love the shot either way!

the second one loses the beautiful shade of pink. natural light works much better
 
I really love the first pic., just the basic simplicity of it, although for the second pic the yellow lighting kills it for me!
 
Thanks for your comments everyone, much appreciated. I'm glad you all like them. I'm gonna try and shoot the same subject today using more natural light, because I think natural light works best when working with natural subjects. Thanks again. :]
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom