Two from Sayville

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are two (of many) from the Sayville wetland project area. I'm trying to work on my landscape composition, as I have found it is not as easy as it seems ;)

Any c&c is appreciated!

2666327190_e2c7670ac2_o.jpg

2665503461_20d3e69454_o.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Dhrubajyoti. I'm trying to make my landscapes less boring, but seems I'm still a bit off :)

C&C per req:

1. Very nicely composed, I particularily like the way you've used the stream to take the eye right across the image, and then back into the middle. It does look just a hair under-exposed to me however the greens seem just a little bit dark and muddy. Your sky is good, but the use of either a CPOL and/or Grad ND would have really made it pop.

2. I'm afraid this image doesn't do much for me; it doesn't seem to be 'about' anything. As well, the slightly skewed perspective (as a result of your camera lens being pointed slightly below level I assume) is a bit distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

1. Very nicely composed, I particularily like the way you've used the stream to take the eye right across the image, and then back into the middle. It does look just a hair under-exposed to me however the greens seem just a little bit dark and muddy. Your sky is good, but the use of either a CPOL and/or Grad ND would have really made it pop.

2. I'm afraid this image doesn't do much for me; it doesn't seem to be 'about' anything. As well, the slightly skewed perspective (as a result of your camera lens being pointed slightly below level I assume) is a bit distracting.

Thank you for the critique, John. With these two I was aiming mostly for composition - it's good to know I got one out of two ;) I thought the boat house one would be nice with all the horizontals.

Always learning. Thanks again :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back