Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Musk and Rainbows, Bendigo, Victoria.
A1.JPG

A4.JPG
B2.JPG
B1.JPG

Striking colours.

Nice shots. One thing. It appears you were shooting in dark conditions and then had to raise the brightness when you edited. That leaves the pictures looking exposed improperly. The colors are saturated but washed out. Can you shoot with a higher ISO to begin with? Can you use flash?

Nice shots. One thing. It appears you were shooting in dark conditions and then had to raise the brightness when you edited. That leaves the pictures looking exposed improperly. The colors are saturated but washed out. Can you shoot with a higher ISO to begin with? Can you use flash?
Fair comment I will take it on board. The Rainbows were taken on an overcast day under heavy cover to yeah, I should and will up the iso next time. The Muskies were in bright sunshine but very feeding well into the tree and very nervous or loathe to come out and feed around the edges in the sun, so I sat there for about half an hour and these were about the best I could do. I never use flash when shooting animals and/or birds to avoid startling or blinding (temporarily) the subjects.

G'day mate

I also like shooting pics of the same birds - and it's damn difficult at times !

The little blighters seem to see me / you / coming and move to another part of the tree so that all we seem to end up with is its bum as it moves away from us

Suggestions ...
= Set your point-of-focus in the camera to as small as you can, so that the focus point is the face of the bird, and thus avoid the camera grabbing a branch instead;
= Set the camera to 'continuous' mode and then select the best of the 3-4-5 images you view on the computer screen
= If you can, sit quietly alongside the tree and so become part of the scenery, so that the birds don't then see you as a threat and move away
= Set your exposure +/- button to +1 when shooting upwards to counteract the camera over compensating for the brightness of the sky as coming thru the upper leaves

Hope this helps
Phil

G'day mate

I also like shooting pics of the same birds - and it's damn difficult at times !

The little blighters seem to see me / you / coming and move to another part of the tree so that all we seem to end up with is its bum as it moves away from us

Suggestions ...
= Set your point-of-focus in the camera to as small as you can, so that the focus point is the face of the bird, and thus avoid the camera grabbing a branch instead;
= Set the camera to 'continuous' mode and then select the best of the 3-4-5 images you view on the computer screen
= If you can, sit quietly alongside the tree and so become part of the scenery, so that the birds don't then see you as a threat and move away
= Set your exposure +/- button to +1 when shooting upwards to counteract the camera over compensating for the brightness of the sky as coming thru the upper leaves

Hope this helps
Phil
I'm learning all the time I'll give all suggestions a try and see how I go.

Cheers

Well I adjusted the focal point in as best, also set exposure to +1 and went in search of the Lorikeets again. Only manage to locate one of each in the same tree and took about 100 or so shots. Exposure compensation at +1 was a bit much so dialed it back to about .6, these are the results. Photos have been lightly cropped but not enhanced in any way. I'm happy, what do you think?
A1.JPG

A1a.JPG

A2.JPG

A2a.JPG

Much better. #1 seems best to me too. Has the sharpest, clearest colors and exposure seems the best. 2 and 3 are too light especially 3. 4 is better with exposure, but the eye and head are out of focus. The berries in front of the bird seem to be the focal point.

What do you think? Which do you think is the best and why?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back