Two Man Band

Yes, definitely edit out the light stand.

It's a great shot. I think perhaps the white balance could be warmed up a bit; as it is, the skin tones are looking very magenta.

Yes, edit the light stand and warm it up a bit, as Dan suggests. I like the concept very much. Fits with the album title well.

The WB is overall to cold to my eyes as well. A little bump would probably be good.

I figured. That was an intentional look, per the band. I have a 5% masked teal layer added per the current fad. I will post a version without it once I edit out the stand.

It's a matter of helping the client see what works better, figuring out how to get what they want in a better way (their idea, done well from a photography standpoint). Maybe enhance the color in the stripe and tint of the windows without the entire photo being cool WB.

I'm noticing details; what's in his pocket?? a drumstick? (musician to the right). Either needs to be part of the composition or not be there. Next time think about reflections in all the windows (top center dark blob?) and what's in view that's now part of the composition, where to place the guitars in relation to the subjects, make sure straps aren't twisted, how much of the instruments show, etc.

Yeah I'd be adding at least 1000k to the warm here

I edited out the light stand real quick. I want to go back and clean it up some more, but I wanted to get a quick edit up on here. I also removed the strange blob on the middle window, and the drum stick from his pocket (on the right). Since I knew what it was, it didn't stand out as an issue for me. Thanks for the advice @vintagesnaps.

Cover New by KC ORourke, on Flickr

upload_2019-1-29_13-43-53.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back