juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup black rum
1 tablespoon Kahlua
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil (I prefer to use green chile infused olive oil, but any quality olive oil will work)
2 habanero peppers, seeds removed
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
about 1/4 cup fresh thyme
about 1/4 cup fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons allspice
1/4 cup fresh ginger root
3 cloves garlic
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Pour blended mixture into a sealable gallon sized bag. Add pork chops (chicken works too, but pork is more traditional). Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal. Refrigerate overnight.
To cook, remove meat from marinade. I use 1 cup of the marinade with 2 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of rice to make dirty rice while I cook the meat. Simply grill the meat on high heat until cooked through.