Two Photos for C&C

Downing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
edit: I added one more photo but forgot to change the title;-)

DSC_0671.jpg

f/8, 1/250, 38mm focal length
DSC_0716.jpg

f/3.5, 1/60, 18mm focal length
DSC_0720.jpg

f/4.5, 1/40, 28mm focal length

I just got photoshop and was experimenting, so they might be over processed for some people's tastes.

Last edited:
I like 3 alot. But I know it's been 3 weeks since school was out, but from what I recall I think thats 3 pictures and not 2. :X

#1 and #2 are nice.

#3 is way overprocessed. The colours are so pushed that the branches of the tree look purple

First let me say I like them all !!
But #1 immediately sucked my eye right in. May I ask how you took that pic or how you pp'd it ?
It almost looks skewed or something like a wide angle was used, plus how did you get that tunnel effect ? It seems that the same pic, without that effect wouldn't have been as dramatic to me.

Thanks,
floyd

You have some strong images there. Yes, a little overboard with the PP work, but like you said you were experimenting. I like #2.

Thank you for the kind words!

First let me say I like them all !!
But #1 immediately sucked my eye right in. May I ask how you took that pic or how you pp'd it ?
It almost looks skewed or something like a wide angle was used, plus how did you get that tunnel effect ? It seems that the same pic, without that effect wouldn't have been as dramatic to me.

Thanks,
floyd

On number 1, I really didn't edit it too much, just simple crop and contrast adjustments. I was standing slightly to the right of the center and turned a little to the left. I guess that and the angle of the sun gave it a skewed look

I hate to give you negative C&C amongs all your good responses, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

I didn't like any of them. The most interesting one, the bridge one, kind of feels "re-hashed". I mean that in the sense that we've seen hundreds of examples of this picture. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad image. Just doesn't give me something that I haven't seen before. What if you would have taken a picture of a portion of that image and focused on that?

just some thoughts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back