Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This year, due to the infamous pandemic, for the first time in over a decade I didn’t go to the Isle of Skye in late winter, and I really missed it; I scheduled two trips in 2022 to compensate for that, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share a couple of Skye sunrises with you.

X1DII1_01926.jpg

1/5 sec, f/16, Hasselblad X1D II, XCD 21mm

X1DII2_01035.jpg

10 sec, f/19, Hasselblad X1D II, XCD 30mm

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Great motivation to visit my friends on the other side of the pond.

I sometimes I feel like I'm cheating as a photographer given that I live in a city with some of the world's most iconic monuments. I think Skye qualifies for shear natural beauty. Fantastic and you've really captured it well. I hiked Storr in December many years ago and wish I'd had something more than the point and shoot digital I was using at the time.

Do you shoot with anything else besides the Hasselblad? If so, how would shots like this compare?

Also, 10 seconds. Even at F19 you must have used an ND filter?

Great motivation to visit my friends on the other side of the pond.

I sometimes I feel like I'm cheating as a photographer given that I live in a city with some of the world's most iconic monuments. I think Skye qualifies for shear natural beauty. Fantastic and you've really captured it well. I hiked Storr in December many years ago and wish I'd had something more than the point and shoot digital I was using at the time.

Do you shoot with anything else besides the Hasselblad? If so, how would shots like this compare?

Also, 10 seconds. Even at F19 you must have used an ND filter?

Thank you very much Mike, glad you enjoyed them :) At present, since December 2020 I use Phase One XT and IQ4 for my work. If I had used that camera when I took this photograph, the shot would look exactly the same, but with more resolution and acutance due to the better equipment I am using now. Yes, I did use an ND filter, and a Grad ND filter, for both shots - hope this helps :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Beautiful. I'm always inspired by your images to seek better in my own.

what a great view I love it, man.

I like the leading line of the bridge to the pyramid shaped mountain. I also like the time lapse to smooth out the water. The softness of the clouds and sun are spectacular. I believe it is worthy of a wall print.

I like the leading line of the bridge to the pyramid shaped mountain. I also like the time lapse to smooth out the water. The softness of the clouds and sun are spectacular. I believe it is worthy of a wall print.

Thank you very much Scott, I am glad you enjoyed them! :) Best regards,

Vieri

Both fantastic as always. I love the way you capture the light in your sunrise/sunsets. It's both subtle and spectacular at the same time.

Both fantastic as always. I love the way you capture the light in your sunrise/sunsets. It's both subtle and spectacular at the same time.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comment, that is truly much appreciated, I am glad you are enjoying my work! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back