Two winter shots

andrew99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ajwalker.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken about 45 mins north-west of Toronto, Canada. I used a Nikon D40 and Sigma 10-20 lens. Any comments and criticism welcome!

2316424285_29cb90e02e_b.jpg

2316388461_42e9b9cf86_b.jpg

i really like the "feeling" from the second shot...

the first one doesn't do much for me other than me thinking about bashing through that powder on my snowmobile

In the first I see how well you exposed for the snow! Nothing blown-out - just white snow and bluish shadows. Perfectly right.

But I do admit I also feel the second photo here quite a bit, too, it has a drama of its own with the road being so inclined. I also quite like the vanishing point, the road really zooms the eye through the picture!

Aaaand the colours are very pretty in both. The sky in the first looks polarised. Was it polarised?

very nice compostion in number 2. Number one is not bad either. I like the color of these pictures too.

Not only great composition in #2, but also a superb job of making interesting something otherwise ordinary.

I agree with the others, #2 is a great composition, it makes me think of the roads in the Adirondacks....at 140 mph

Most reactions

Back