Tyaughton lake B.C.

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3971622438_060a708f77_b.jpg

C&C welcomed

Looks like a beautiful place. I like the ridgelines of the mountains and their effect on the scene. The composition is okay, though I would prefer more lake and less (of this) foreground. But I think the most glaring issue here is the tilted horizon. It needs a pretty radical CW tilt. Also, the clouds are a bit hot.....and what's strange is the reflection not being a deeper blue than the actual sky. Not sure if you used an nd grad or whether the water is extremely green to cause that? It's not typical/natural otherwise.

As for the horizon, oops. That I can fix with editing. As for the reflection, the water had a very high amount of brown sediment, you can see it right at the edge of the shore. My guess is that's it, but that's just a guess. It is a lake that is dammed, and is fed by a number of rivers. I'm a complete noob, in terms of photography and processing, so I do appreciate your comments and honesty. Thank you ccd333.

I tilted the horizon, and burn tooled the clouds.

3972724680_8a0fb6732d_o.jpg

better?

Yes, that is better.

I think that it's very important to get the horizon straight when there is water. Otherwise it just looks very unnatural. Of curse, rules were made to be broken, but if you do tilt the horizon, really tilt it.

The clouds are a bit blown out, that's sometimes tough to avoid in a scene like this.

A circular polarizer would have been good for a shot like this. You could probably have made the sky a fair bit darker and/or adjusted how the reflection on the water looks.

Overall, I like this shot. The sense of distance from the receding mountains is a nice effect.

Unreal... cool.

Most reactions

Back