Ugh, and yet another confusion.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have ordered and am waiting for my Nikkor 70-300G to get here. This lens has a 62mm fitting. I was looking for a circular polarizer to fit it and I found many. That is not my problem. My problem is that if these lens is not IF, this means it has a ring on the front of the lens that focuses the picture. I know this about the lens, but I also know that with CPOL filters, the effect is adjusted my twisting the filter. If the filter screws onto the front of the lens and the lens uses the front to spin and focus the image, how am I supposed to both focus and use the CPOL filter correctly at the same time without the picture either being out of focus or the filter effect being too weak or strong? Thanks.

Mark

I think I understand the question. With the CPOL, yes you screw the filter onto the lens. The filter is then designed to spin on it's own without affecting the focus. There must be some little bearings or something built in the filter to move seperatly without compromising the focus. What I do is to focus on the picture the way I want it. Then I will mess with the CPOL and adjust it. There might be a better way, but that is what works for me.

I hope I answered your question, otherwise that was a waste of my crappy typing skills.:lmao:

So, filters have two 'rings'? One that screws onto the lens and one that has the glass in it that spins to adjust the effect?

Mark

So, filters have two 'rings'? One that screws onto the lens and one that has the glass in it that spins to adjust the effect?

Mark

Yeah, you could think of it like that. Not all filters have 2 rings.

I'd imagine not all would need them, like the ones that don't nevessarily need them i.e the close-ups, warming, etc.

Mark

Most reactions

Back