ugh

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
wow, my school sucks. they are making us (juniors in high school) fill out the common application now and it totally sucks. not only does the application make me feel lacking but its a pain in the bum :eek:ldman: and this darn college essay sucks too. grrrrr...its getting me stressed already and i havent even finished junior year!!!! it makes me sick how hard i work in school that the chances of getting into an ivy league school are extremely slim...it all seems so pointless. even though i have the sat scores to get into one of my top choices, the chances are so slim of actually getting in that its depressing and ive been running around trying to join stupid clubs this year so that ill have some extra curricular activities to put on the application but the only thing i really like to do is take pictures and just hang around being unproductive...and the extra curriculars are so stupid because the colleges can see that ive only done them for one year (two next year but of course i have to fill out my application junior year)...somehow im dreading september-may...arg :grumpy:

/rant

Earlier, I wrote up a big long post, and didn't post it. But now I see no one else has posted, and I know I hate it when people don't talk to me....so here goes.

Hang in there.

And just so you know, there is life beyond Ivy League. I managed to get into two top schools in this country with my test scores, Stanford and Harvard. Unfortunately my parents idea of a college fund was $5000 in savings bonds. They made too much money for me to get grants, but wouldn't help me moneywise either. And they told me that student loans put you in too much debt. Needless to say, I couldn't afford the $35K a year for Harvard, and I didn't go. So if you think not getting in sucks, try getting in, and then not getting to go.

However, I survived. And I'm glad now that I didn't go, because I found my own way. Now I'm top in my class at what is widely recognized as the best chiropractic college in the nation, and if you told me I'd be here from there, I'd have laughed in your face. You end up just where you're supposed to be, so have faith in that.

And one more thing....you have SOOOOOO much life ahead of you, try not to worry, and enjoy being a junior and senior in hs. Those are fun times.

Hope that helps!

What's the "common application"? It's probably something simple but it doesn't ring any bells for me.

Ok, I'm young and have nowhere near the experience of others but I think I can say that sometimes, life is just ****. There are so many times when you don't get what you want or what you truly feel you deserve. If you get too down each time that happens it won't be long before you take a downward turn. All you can do is your best with what you have. What I'm saying is, don't let your disappointments hold you back. Let them bounce off of you and move on with your head held high. It's not easy, but it's the best option.
Don't let opportunities pass you by, even if they aren't truly what you had your heart set on. It's better than doing nothing (believe me on this) and it can open you up to new ideas and doors may open for you.

I'm trying to be supportive so I hope it hasn't come across as anything else. I hope things go well for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back