Ugly tree at night.

Kawi_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to take some night pics. This is my first use of the tripod which seems like a peice of junk. Had a really hard time getting it level. Had to manual focus, which like everything else in photography, is new to me. This is the closest to in focus I could manage. It was dark out and I could hardly see.

D40X0892-1.jpg

D40X089.jpg

I don't have photoshop yet so these are straight off the camera.

look fine to me...just it was windy...you can tell, cause the trees moved a lot.

look fine to me...just it was windy...you can tell, cause the trees moved a lot.

Naw, it's not the trees....unless the wind is also causing the stars to wobble :mrgreen:

Kawi - What kind of tripod do you use? Why was it difficult to get it steady? Even if it's not straight and narrow, there are people here who can straighten out shots for ya.

i also think its the wind. Why? Because the base of the tree is still sharp, its the top end thats moving. If it was camera shake, the whole image would be blurry. And the stars are more stripes, because a longer shutterspeed was used (i think)
The pics look nice, but once you got photoshop you can play with them a bit more. But at least you got a good start :)

Most reactions

Back