UHS 1+2 & SD capacity - Sony A7III

0ptics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two UHS II 64 gb cards (SanDisk Extreme PRO 300 MB/s, Class 10, U3)

Since the a7iii has 2 card slots (UHS II & UHS I), I was wondering what would happen if I used my SanDisk 64gb UHS II in the UHS I slot? Would it still work, would it just be a UHS I speed on a UHS II card??

Also is the a7iii compatible with 128gb cards or is 64gb the max capacity? I heard >64gb doesn't work well with 4k videography in the a7iii, is this a myth??

Thanks!!

the manual says:

Still image SD/SDHC/SDXC card

it suggests a 256GB is fine, im sure it can support whatever size you can make in that format.

if you put a UHSI card in a UHSII slot, it simply won't perform as fast as the II card, as it doesnt have the extra contacts on the card to support to super high read/write speeds.

the manual says:

Still image SD/SDHC/SDXC card

it suggests a 256GB is fine, im sure it can support whatever size you can make in that format.

if you put a UHSI card in a UHSII slot, it simply won't perform as fast as the II card, as it doesnt have the extra contacts on the card to support to super high read/write speeds.

Ok I guess it's a myth then, I'm still waiting for my A7iii in the mail.

So if I use UHS II, it'll just perform as a USH I? The camera slot 2 (UHS I slot) will still read the UHS II perfectly fine ?

Most reactions

Back