_DSC1828.jpg

Nine:
_DSC1836.jpg

Ten:
_DSC1847.jpg

Eleven:
_DSC1609.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Peace.

they are really great shots, where were you sitting??

on a technical note though, they could be even better with the right white balance, needs to be brightened up a bit for a more natural color, too blue right now (shouldnt be a tough fix if you shot them in raw...)

instead of a tungsten white balance (Seems to be what its doing right now), maybe something a bit warmer/brighter?

they are really great shots, where were you sitting??

on a technical note though, they could be even better with the right white balance, needs to be brightened up a bit for a more natural color, too blue right now (shouldnt be a tough fix if you shot them in raw...)

instead of a tungsten white balance (Seems to be what its doing right now), maybe something a bit warmer/brighter?

I was up at the top of the bleachers in the arena. And yeah, the brightness is a compression issue. But the white balance, well, that's all me, haha. I was shooting at a custom temperature but it wasn't warm enough. I could just batch all the shots and warm them up a couple hundred degrees. Do you think that'd make a big difference?

Thank you very much for your comments. They are much appreciated.

I would add a touch of warmth to the white balance, and notch the exposure 1 stop up to compensate for the ice throwing your metering off...should all look excellent and white!

was curious what settings you were using and what cam/lens?

(ive been toying with hockey shots as well lately...)

Nice pics, especially 7 and 11..

I find that the easiest way to get the white balance right is to shoot a spot on the ice and use that for your custom white balance setting. I also have a grey card that I use depending on the situation. Its unbelievable what a difference the correct white balance can make in your photos and how it can make your colors pop. I shoot a lot of hockey so I usually play around a bit till I get the right color balance. Nice shots though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back