TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
blooper shot

2452397275_2f27e806f5.jpg

can't believe i did that......lol :blushing:

just proves not all shots are keepers.

i've been looking at this photo since i posted it. i know it has a couple of problems, but maybe it isn't that bad.

what do you think? keep it or not?

i like it. and i think the catchlight is the reason why...

seems ok to me :) nice catchlights and backlighting. the expression is only so-so and the background isn't that great... but its pretty good!

thanks for the comments. maybe i will keep it. this is just one of the test photos i did.

Is the hair the reason you wouldn't want to keep the shot? It does kind of scream once your attention is on it.

You might clone out the stray hairs, but I think it's a keeper.

What was it that you didn't like (the blown out hair?)?

what i didn't like was the "blown out" hair.....my fault. i leaned a bit when i shot it. also the background isn't the greatest and isnt 100% straight...again my fault.

the stray hairs really don't bother me that much when i shoot a portrait like this. i want it "real". if a glam shot was in order then yes i would clone out the strays.

overall the shot isn't horrible, but i can do better than that. i am my own worst critic btw.

when i do this shot over i will move the main light back a bit to add a bit more shadow to the face and i will move the back light away as well.

thank you all for the comments and suggestions :)

No, do not move the lights. Did you do something to cause the eyes to pop? The whites are so much brighter than the rest of the Photo that they bother me a little. can you un-sharpen the backgroung a little?
Judge Sharpe

No, do not move the lights. Did you do something to cause the eyes to pop? The whites are so much brighter than the rest of the Photo that they bother me a little. can you un-sharpen the backgroung a little?
Judge Sharpe

no post work was done on the eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back