Un-edit picture ! Read this

pointz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got it

Last edited:
Not with a JPEG image...unless you have some software that saves a history, and even then, I'm not sure it would work with a JPEG after it's been saved.

As for taking someone else's image and unsaving it? I highly, highly doubt it.

Now, there can sometimes be some embedded EXIF information along with an image file. That would give you the technical date for the image but you can't use that to reconstruct the original image. Not that I'm aware of.

reversing a post process ?
i highly doubt it :D

unless your THAT good with photoshop .. but still

I posted my picture somewhere on a forum, my face was painted white. Than i received a pm with my face visible. And I wasn't the only one. So yes it is possible..
Not photoshop, he uses some norwegian app but he doesn't want to say the name!

Why would you post a picture with your face painted white ? And why would someone go to the trouble of proving it could be undone ?

And if it was a jpg, it cant be undone. Not possible with any app, the pixels are overwritten.

Why would you post a picture with your face painted white ? And why would someone go to the trouble of proving it could be undone ?

And if it was a jpg, it cant be undone. Not possible with any app, the pixels are overwritten.
For privacy of course..but that's only an example!

But I saw it myself, send me a picture in pm and i will ask him to un-edit it.

now what are the odds that someone else had a picture of you and pasted that over the top (easy), or that you sent the original to someone (easy mistake to make).

You can't create what isn't there. Once you make an edit, especially a destructive one like painting white over it, unless you painted a layer and then saved a tiff leaving the underlying data intact there's no way to reverse the process (and if it's a JPEG then the layering is out of the question).

now what are the odds that someone else had a picture of you and pasted that over the top (easy), or that you sent the original to someone (easy mistake to make).

You can't create what isn't there. Once you make an edit, especially a destructive one like painting white over it, unless you painted a layer and then saved a tiff leaving the underlying data intact there's no way to reverse the process (and if it's a JPEG then the layering is out of the question).
It wasn't only with mine picture..and no one has it except me. I will try to get it and try it out myself

Can you show us this forum thread where you posted your image - or just the image itself?

I am wonder if I crop a photo and the physical size of the photo shrink from 4M to 200K. Can the software reverse it? As far as I know the answer should be no. The data are gone. It is like you download a low resolution photo off the internet, you cannot reverse the edit process so that you can have the original full resolution photo.

I have to see it to believe it.

I don't know how it works.
Give me a picture and i'll let him try!

I am wonder if I crop a photo and the physical size of the photo shrink from 4M to 200K. Can the software reverse it? As far as I know the answer should be no. The data are gone. It is like you download a low resolution photo off the internet, you cannot reverse the edit process so that you can have the original full resolution photo.

I have to see it to believe it.
And in a smaller resolution? Because the pictures or often smaller than original, but un-edited.
Give me a picture maybe and make something white

i'm waiting :sexywink:

he uses some norwegian app but he doesn't want to say the name!

Why would he not want to say the name of the software?

Makes me think that it doesn't exist.

Most reactions

Back