Unconventional HDR usage

lyonsroar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This wasn't a real necessary use of HDR, but I think it worked out rather well...

Oil by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Opinions?
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:

sorry, I don't like it. The exposure and framing are fine but the sheen (?) on the water makes me think of oil pollution :(

lol, there's just nothing there for me...the rocks look cool but my eyes are drawn away by that dirty water.

sorry, I don't like it. The exposure and framing are fine but the sheen (?) on the water makes me think of oil pollution :(

lol, there's just nothing there for me...the rocks look cool but my eyes are drawn away by that dirty water.

It is oil. The snow finally started melting and there's an oil slick on the concrete...prolly from one of the dripping trucks parked around. I thought the colors were neat.

That's OK though, everyone's opinion is different! You don't have to apologize!
:thumbup:

HDR is something you use or you dont. There is never an unnecessary time to use it since it always improves any straight single shot image WHEN THE PP IS DONE PROPERLY.

How come there's like 3 dark bands going across the shot?

Power lines up above. There wasn't a way to avoid them and keep the same perspective unfortunately...:thumbdown:

Power lines up above. There wasn't a way to avoid them and keep the same perspective unfortunately...:thumbdown:

HDR is something you use or you dont. There is never an unnecessary time to use it since it always improves any straight single shot image WHEN THE PP IS DONE PROPERLY.

unnecessary =/= unconventional

No one used the word "unnecessary" except for you...

:lmao: Utter non-sense, IMO.

Lyonsroar why did you quote everyone but yourself.......you said.......This wasn't a real necessary use of HDR, but I think it worked out rather well...

Lyonsroar why did you quote everyone but yourself.......you said.......This wasn't a real necessary use of HDR, but I think it worked out rather well...

Ah, you're right, I apologize. :thumbup:

I should have said it is an unconventional way. Meaning that **purists** (maybe not the right word) would only use HDR for scenes where the camera cannot capture the full dynamic range of the scene in one exposure. I'm fairly certain the camera could have captured the dynamic range of this scene in one exposure.

I'm a big proponent of using HDR for any situation where you desire that specific look of "tonemapping," "HDR," call it what you will. I think you are the same. I think we're arguing a moot point! :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back