What's new

Undarkened Memories- A Collection of photography by Soham Dasgupta

soham

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 12, 2013
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Calcutta, India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi this is Soham Dasgupta from Calcutta India
I am a amateur photowalker often serious at times about one of my passion and like to shoot things that catch my eyes.
I own a Nikon 1 J1 Mirrorless DSLR and two point and shoot digis one being Niokn L10 and the other Canon Powershot A470
Most of the times I edit my snaps
My website:​
Flickr: Undarkened Memories' Photostream
My Facebook Page:​
https://www.facebook.com/UndarkenedMemories

I will continue to post my snaps here from now on....
Hope to get advises and comments..


For New Entries Click: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...photography-soham-dasgupta-2.html#post2836595

For More New Entries Click:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...photography-soham-dasgupta-2.html#post2842809













Dreamery by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr




Coconut Ambush by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


The Chamundi by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


Chamundi vol2 by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


Looking Through by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


Into the War by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


Beautiful you by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


Facism by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


The Taj by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr


Sikri by Undarkened Memories, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Moved from Professional to th General Gallery as the OP claims to be an amateur.
 
The images of Sikri fort and the "Into the war" sounds fine; i like two ladies image; the kind of treatment you give are sometimes objectionable

By the way, Hearty Welcome :D
 
I kind of agree with that...The taj for example, shows of the talents of photoshop more than the talents of the photographer.
 
Dont take it personally, I used to use filters and effects in photoshop, But i have a pet hate for them now, I'm sure they have a purpose somewhere, but i dont use them anymore, I do like Sikri though.
 
@ tiredon......can u amplify what you are saying....
 
@ Awiserbud......thanks buddy....could you give me links to interesting photography effects tutorials???
 
In my opinion the best photography "Effect" is the one that is never used.

Perhaps I'm more of purist than most but I dislike most of the "Effects" people add to photographs to "Improve" them. Personally I'd rather see this group of photographs as they came out of the camera rather than with these effects applied to them. To be clear, I don't object to editing photographs to improve the natural appearance of them, I simply dislike effects that distort the appearance of an image. In my personal opinion adding grain, adding colorization, adding vignettes, adding posterization, and a host of other effects, does nothing to enhance anything.
 
Soham, please post their originals; because i feel their originals are fine ones :D
 
@ frequency.do you want me to post the original of all the snaps....I don't think without little tinkering they would look good.....anyways posting the originals in a separate post
 
You ahve interesting subjects, but like others here the processing you did to them is not very pleasing. The saturation levels are way too high, and I think what most are talking about with the image of the two women is the harsh unatural orange tone and the texture added to the image does not make their skin look good (more like wrinkled and marked).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom