Under Glass

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rubbish cloud cover has forced me to look for something else to shoot. The other half and I ended up at Glasgow's Botanic Gardens. Rather than just doing the standard flower shots I tried to do something fairly interesting in the shots and the PP.

Thoughts, criticisms and abuse are welcomed/tolerated. :)

Botanic_by_Resin42.jpg

Hangin___by_Resin42.jpg

Stoneflower_by_Resin42.jpg

There_Will_be_Fireworks_by_Resin42.jpg

Thirst_by_Resin42.jpg

the contrast and sharpness in 3 are quite interesting. it almost makes the flowers appear to be made of stone, a notion which completely contrasts with the fragility of flowers.

I actually thought #3 was a sculpture until I read the first reply! I like the last shot a lot, the texture is amazing. Perfectly exposed and wonderful DOF.

They're actully a type of succulant cactuse and have a kind of powdery, greeny/grey look to them which let me do this stone effect pretty easily.

I must say that I like all 5 photos displayed here, and each of them for a different reason!

The first appeals to be because of its gloominess, the cloud cover DOES look so you much rather spend your time indoors, and the glass house of the Botanical Gardens seems to be a nice place!!!

The second is ever so interesting in as it is very light, and only plays with the colours really, being mostly abstract (but with one flower entirely inside the frame which I appreciate very much!), having only the tip of the pistil in focus. That one spot in focus is such a nice surprise! :D

The "sculpture effect" of the very dark, contrasty version of the fat leaf flower (the name is my own word creation just now!) has been mentioned.

Then the flowers in the fourth photo are beautiful and quite exotic in and by themselves. The glistening water droplets on the plants in the background make said background intersting, too (I think!).

And the last has wonderful detail. As has also be mentioned by others before. Very good focus and DOF and quite intense contrasts!

Thanks guys. It did turn out to yield better results than I expected. I do tend to find myself bypassing other people's flower shots unless they're very special so I at least wanted to do something I'd find interesting. There's another bundle there that are perfectly good and postable but just don't grab me in anyway. I'll maybe go back to them later.

Thanks for looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back