What's new

underexposed statue

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While I was playing with overexposures recently I decided to underexpose one. Any comments welcome.


 
Very nice. This has a very ethereal feel to it. The sky is a bit of a tell that it's underexposed and not just dark, you might consider desaturating the blue a bit. Also, there's that blue-gree glow about 1/3 of the way left-to-right, and slightly less than half way up. I'm not sure I like it. It DOES lend a ghostly feeling, but it also looks like a mistake, not quite sensor dust but one of those dumb "flash lit some dust in the air" things.

I'd consider dodging it up to make it bigger and more obviously not a mistake, OR getting rid of it entirely. I prefer the former, I think, because I am seeing this as a ghostly and mysterious image.

By the way, the flower peeking out past her shoulder absolutely makes this one. Really fantastically evocative.
 
Thanks Andrew. I saw that blue-green sphere as part of the composition, so my inclination is to go with your suggestion of lightening it (I lightened the flowers a bit for the same reason). I don't know what it was, but it looks like something in the window of a building across the street.
 
This is really good. Give a little more exposure and detail to the dark areas.
 
Thanks for the suggestion Mike. It may depend on what kind of monitor you see it on. On my work monitor, which is a little too dark it looks like it needs a little more detail in those areas, but at home more is visible and it looks OK (at least to me).
 
Thanks - I'll take a look at that. I don't know that I'd like to lose the color in the flowers, but it just didn't occur to me to look at it in B&W, so I will do that.
 
Something very eary and scary about this picture, makes me feel very uncomfortable.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom