Understanding Exposure

Can anyone upload this book in here....................

Then it will be better for us....................

No, it won't. Because people like you love to suck the life out of other people's talents. Why can't you spring $12 and buy it from Amazon.com?

Here is the link.

And BTW, you're on your happy way of getting banned if you suggest pirating anymore.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Understanding Exposure is good because you can take it with you, and its just like a mini all purpose manual. Of course there are online resources that do the exact same thing, but I find a lot of them lack the - personality - of a book specifically written by an Author focusing on a single subject.

:thumbup: Peterson writes in a more creative view, without totally leaving out technical information.

He explains relationships of concepts spot on, in plain language like one would think it while shooting.

I dig it because of the way its written. It's not over-engineered.

He knows the importance of the fun factor.

I've not read the book but from what you're saying he sounds like he's a talented prose writer. Which just happens to be my favorite kind :)

For example, if your lens is a 50mm prime, your focal length is 50mm. If you have a 70-200mm lens, your focal point is anywhere between 70-200 depending on your zoom amount. 70mm at its widest and 200mm at the end of it's zoom.
Yeah, that I understand. What I'm asking is how 50mm prime (forcal length of 50mm) relates to the actual picture taking (relationship between this and other factors) as opposed to, say 10mm or 300mm. Am I making sense?

That makes sense, check this out:
Focal length - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Focal length comparisons

I think I am only on page 50 something..
I find it pretty boring and I know most of what is in it already, However I like the use of Metaphors and similies (I.E. ISO is like Bees, if you have ISO 200 you have 200 bees meaning they can go out and capture the honey (light) quicker than 100 bees could.)
And how he mentiones Hot Pixels is like a skin, The cup under the tap is your sensor, once the cup fills you have to close the tap (shutter) however if it stay open longer than needed, the water flows out of the cup (hot pixels)

makes it a bit easier to understand.

For example, if your lens is a 50mm prime, your focal length is 50mm. If you have a 70-200mm lens, your focal point is anywhere between 70-200 depending on your zoom amount. 70mm at its widest and 200mm at the end of it's zoom.
Yeah, that I understand. What I'm asking is how 50mm prime (forcal length of 50mm) relates to the actual picture taking (relationship between this and other factors) as opposed to, say 10mm or 300mm. Am I making sense?

Honestly,
Your focal length is as simple as knowing, Higher Focal length number = further you need to be from your subject = your image will be much closer to the subject

e.g.
if you are 200 ft away from a person and shoot with a 50mm, The person will fill up about 10 - 15 % of the frame
if you use 200mm the person could look like they are about 10 ft away from you. (only an example.)

But the larger your focal length = the slower shutter you will need to get the same exposure as a smaller focal length (assumign you use the same Aperture and ISO)

However, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I loved it so much I sent an email to Bryan Peterson explaining what an inspiration it was for me and he took the time to write back. I thought that was cool. I still pull it out from time to time and read it. Great book.

I am now going to buy this book!!! Should have it by the end of the month!

I agree this book has a lot of great info in it. But it seems I may be the only one who found it dryer then the salt flats? I mean the info you get out of it is great, but his writing style is slow and dry. I had to put the book down about 10 times. Then would pick it up later and read some more.

But then maybe its just me :p

I know this comment is from March 2008 but I could not resist commenting on it. I thought Bryan Peterson did a great job of making the book interesting! It is easy to make a technical book like that dry and boring but I do not think under standing exposure was at all!

I just finished his other book Learning to See Creatively and loved that as well. It gave me a lot more to think about before pressing the shutter button. There are a lot more ways to compose a picture then I ever realized and I love the techniques that he writes about.

I just bought Understanding close-up Photography the other day, cant wait to start it :)

He's got a real cool youtube channel as well for anyone that never saw that

http://www.youtube.com/user/ppsop2009#p/u/10/OcpwOTSNFI8

I actually prefer the Understanding Photography Field Guide, by Bryan Peterson.

please if anyone has bought this book plz upload it here...
we are wating.............. thanks..................

Uh no we are not.

Side note, anyone else not get sound on the videos he has posted on youtube? (link on post #39)

please if anyone has bought this book plz upload it here...
we are wating.............. thanks..................

RIgggght....

You want someone to scan and post a copy of a copyrighted and rather popular print book.

Go to amazon and buy it or else find it used on Ebay.

Well, i would like to spend the money on the book instead of pirating it, so in case I missed it in this up-and-down thread, what is the name of the author?

Thanks in advance! Oh, and thanks for the suggestion on the book, too. I am finally getting my knowledge base up to understanding what all of these people are referring to.

-Duess

P.S. some great links in this thread as well. TPF is proving to be a great resource for me and what I am trying to accomplish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back