Underwater Photography - Turtles and Porcupine fish - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Fantastic Work ,Charlie ! Heading to look at the additional post .

Love the detail in the porcupine fish!

Hopdaddy,

Thanks! It was some great diving! Did you see the Nudibranchs? I was glad to finally get some decent shots of the little critters!

Coastalconn,

Thanks... there were more puffers and porcupines in Banderas Bay than I have ever seen... anywhere! It was a blast!

Man, those are crisp and clear shots. A Hawk's Bill turtle...I tried to ride one once....hey did you know their necks can really reach around to the back of their shell?

Very cool... nice work Charlie. Sounds like it was a blast.

Man, those are crisp and clear shots. A Hawk's Bill turtle...I tried to ride one once....hey did you know their necks can really reach around to the back of their shell?

Thanks, Bill... I had fun! Yep.. and they can bite if they want to, also! I have seen one cut a sucker fish clean in half.

Very cool... nice work Charlie. Sounds like it was a blast.

Thanks... it was some lovely diving!

Yep... I ate al Pastor tacos until I could barely walk! Love Mexican street food!

Is a Porcupine fish related to a Puffer?

They are in the same order Tetraodontiformesm, but different family! Porcupines are in the family Diodontidae and puffers are in the familyTetraodontidae.

If that was a hawk's bill, I sure wished you'd have brought his shell home to me ;) Guitar picks for life, lol.

Beatiful pictures of the turtle (which I think is technically a tortis.)

Hopdaddy,

Thanks! It was some great diving! Did you see the Nudibranchs? I was glad to finally get some decent shots of the little critters!
YES SIR! ....Charlie , I don't just look at your photos ,......I study them, LOL This set is extremely well done ,and very clear, too . Unless someone actually is a Diver ,I don't think they can realize what it takes to get a photograph of the face,of a creature ,underwater . Seeing as this massive animal with all kinds of bubbles and light flashes is chasing the lil guys around the reef, tends to be a frightful sight too them.........lol . You've done well yet again ,you should be Proud !

Hopdaddy,

YES SIR! ....Charlie , I don't just look at your photos ,......I study them, LOL This set is extremely well done ,and very clear, too . Unless someone actually is a Diver ,I don't think they can realize what it takes to get a photograph of the face,of a creature ,underwater . Seeing as this massive animal with all kinds of bubbles and light flashes is chasing the lil guys around the reef, tends to be a frightful sight too them.........lol . You've done well yet again ,you should be Proud !

Coming from a fellow diver, and photographer... thank you.. that does make me feel good! Nothing I would rather be doing than blowing bubbles! lol!

Hopdaddy,

Coming from a fellow diver, and photographer... thank you.. that does make me feel good! Nothing I would rather be doing than blowing bubbles! lol!

Sounds too me, YOU, like "Bottom Time " ,anyway you can get it ! .......................I'm Guilty ,too ! lol

Hi Charlie! I am glad you had a good trip, and your shots are great. Love #2. Did you cry when you left Mexico, because I had a few tears in my eyes on the ride back to the airport. :( I could have stayed longer then 7 days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back