Unexpected but welcome visitor.

Terrier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As some may know I live and work/volunteer on a caravan (holiday) park. Due to the current situation we are for all purposes shut down so things are very quiet at the moment. So quiet in fact that on Sunday afternoon a young local Platypus decided to go for a walk and have a look around. First sighted crossing the gravel carpark. he/she then followed the road before having a bit of a splash in a small puddle, eventually making its way back into the river. In my 4 years here I have seen Platypus out of the water (albeit briefly), but to see one wandering around during the day was highly unusual and a first for me.
Visitor 1.jpg

Visitor 2.jpg

Visitor 5.jpg

Visitor 6.jpg

Nice set. People say they look very odd or that they're proof that God has a sense of humor and I would agree with both but I mostly think they're simply kind of cute. I know they don't quack but do they make any noise?

Nice shots. :) that's an interesting question Kirk, now I'm curious too. :eagerness:

Nice shots. :) that's an interesting question Kirk, now I'm curious too. :eagerness:

I haven't found any video on what sound they make other than this video and another of a girl doing her best platypus "impression" which sounds a lot like the sound in this here video so it appears it may be accurate. Enjoy! (talk about a crazy cartoon)

Most reactions

Back