Unexpected (composite) for C & C

qleak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried a mock up of this earlier in the week. This is better than my mock up, but still not quite there. Thoughts on how I could improve it?

7 by n8.iverson, on Flickr

I like it, but it's way too obvious. Try more subtle, more fruit doing a similar thing, just more stuff in the shot, either straight up or not.

Also, FWIW; I don't like the background color/setting.

First off, use the pen tool to select your subjects, then feather the edge by 1px before masking.

Thanks for your feedback. I've feathered edges by following others tutorials before, but never quite understood what it meant I was doing. I'm gonna look into it :)

I like it, but it's way too obvious. Try more subtle, more fruit doing a similar thing, just more stuff in the shot, either straight up or not.

Also, FWIW; I don't like the background color/setting.

Thanks for your feedback. I loaded the picture on my phone and the realized how aweful the background color is. This itself will deserve a re-edit :)

It looks perfectly well masked to me.

The one thing that strikes me as off is that the apple seems to be cut differently from the orange. Note the nick in the top edge of the cut on the apple, versus the vertical line down the center of the orange. Recutting the apple to align better with the orange would make this more convincing.

This is a really good idea. One suggestion might be to move the slice over to the cut-out place, and angle it a bit, so it looks more like it "fell out" from the apple after the cut had been made. Masking on it looks okay to me at this web size.

I think I should probably mention that I was influenced by the following photograph: link

I couldn't find any mention of the original photographer, if anyone knows i'd like to credit them.

I can't say much other than "I do this 8 hours a day (compositing), and it's not as good as it could be mask-edge wise"

Also, part of what I'm noting is this. You've got clear brushmarks along your edges. Feathering your masks, or just being more careful when using a brush, will help.
swSUILJ.jpg

I can't say much other than "I do this 8 hours a day (compositing), and it's not as good as it could be mask-edge wise"

Also, part of what I'm noting is this. You've got clear brushmarks along your edges. Feathering your masks, or just being more careful when using a brush, will help.
swSUILJ.jpg

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the critique. It is much appreciated :)

nice try. Probably better than i could do. nice to see you post as well i have often wondered what you work on in your photography i never really see much from you. cool..

Heighten the yummy factor. Try making more iconic orange colors and apple colors. Try a yellow green background?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heighten the yummy factor. Try making more iconic orange colors and apple colors. Try a yellow green background?

It's actually a grapefruit I was going more for ruby red ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate your feedback :)

I mean a more iconic pink grapefruit color. [emoji5]

Most reactions

Back